Tuesday 4 September 2007

Bloody painful.

Digg this

The tumble drier has been playing up for a few weeks.

It will not kick in - the motor struggles but one has to start the drum spinning to get it to turn. This wouldn't be an insurmountable problem if it didn't stop periodically to change direction, which means that it is utterly useless.

I took it apart this evening and ascertained that the belt isn't slipping and, indeed, it appears that the motor is screwed - it will not even turn the fan without a kick start.

In order to do this I had to remove everything, even down to hinges, sensors and clasps, in order to get the damned cover off, I gave myself an almighty bastard shock - not the worst I have had, but one which has left me a bit shaky even now (about 2 hours later) - burned the skin off my fingers on the heater unit and, when I finally admitted defeat, lost my temper and hoisted it above my head and flung it into the van, put my back out.

Bearing this in mind, you will understand that I do not feel overly communicative, so suffice to say that I used to weigh 191lbs, but now I weigh 189.5lbs instead.

No comments: