Wednesday 16 January 2008

Dark Water and Hypochondria!

Digg this

I did something last night which I have not done since 1992. I gave up on a film. Last time it was Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles at the Cinema in Barnstaple. This time it was Dark Water.

I weigh 193.4lbs

==================
I am having a poo
==================

I weigh 191.4lbs.

The film is just so dull. After about 15 minutes Matthewparker and Ayse gave up and went home, but I don't ever give up, there is normally a redeeming feature to every film. After an hour of spooky music and no plot development at all I got bored and turned it off.

I asked the ever knowledgeable Pops what happens in the film this morning and, whilst it is not unexpected or that predictable either, I find that I just do not care.

If you want to know, just ask, but please, don't go and rent the US version, it is appalling. I am reliably informed that the Japanese original is much better.

I weigh 199.6lbs

==================
I am having a poo
==================

I weigh 199lbs.

Last night my left arm became numb at the shoulder. It was a dull pain, as opposed to a shooting pain.

Given that I have broken my back twice, I am confident that I am able to give a reasonable account of the pain level and it was somewhere between a broken rib and sciatica, but without the stabbing sensation.

I took 400mg of ibuprofen, which meant I could not take any diclofenac, but I could take some paracetamol and a couple of valium if I needed to.

Which I did.

When I looked at the ceiling and then over my right shoulder (Maigne's Test stylee) I get considerably more pain, which lasts after the movement has ceased, so I assumed it was not my heart, loaded myself up with tablets until I rattled and thought to retire.

My hands were not cold, so I reckoned I would live.

Then I started to worry.

I have never had angina or a heart attack, but my mother was a hole in the heart baby
and has had a tricuspid valve replacement, so I have seen attacks and reckon that they might hurt less than on television.

I called the doctor who went through the murmur I had as a child and the one I had at Sandhurst and the muscle injuries I had recently and my back injuries and the fact that I developed so fast (I was 5'1" at 16 and 6'2" at 17) and possible effects of that on my bones and my Rheumatoid Arthritis and on and on and Ariston, until he decided that i was being a big girl with an injured neck.

Which was pleasing but slightly galling. When I finally decide to call the doctor I like to be sure that there really is something wrong.

It still hurts now, at 1100hrs the next day, but I suppose that a trapped nerve is better than a heart attack.

We have to go outside now, the fire alarm has sounded. Toodle-pip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hopefully you haven't seen the two awful fantastic four movies.

i watched the firat one all the way through because i had it on DVD and was hoping for it to get better.

it did not.

i gave up on the second one after about 15 minutes.

in other news i watched the last 'pirates' movie last night and it's not as bad as some reviews make it out to be, it's not as good as the first but it's still an enjoyable romp. you'll need to have seen the second part for it to make 100% sense.